Thursday, February 28, 2013

"Softball vs Track: The Final Decision"

It's that time of year, for a decision to be made.
The difficulty of this challenge has yet to fade.
In fact, as I hesitate longer and longer,
The impact of the decision seems to get stronger.

Now I must choose which sport I will play,
So when people ask me, I'll know what to say.
Here is the question-- softball or track?
The answer to this is just what I lack.

So do I join a team that will make it to states?
Or should I, in four events, participate?
As of right now, the thing that I fear,
Is that the choice will never be clear.

I'll try out for softball, and then I'll decide
Through which sport I want to convey my Knights pride.
Do I want to stick with fielding and hitting,
Or would running and jumping be more fitting?

As I sit here and think, I almost start to tear.
This will be the last sport of my high school career.



1 comment:

  1. This is quite the dilemma I must say! I'm sure that which ever you choose will make you happy so don't worry! Great poem by the way!

    ReplyDelete