Thursday, November 29, 2012

"Decisions, Decisions"

They asked "Are you going on the 'Challenge' trip?" 
"Yes!", I said. This was something I couldn't skip!
But unfortunately, one thing I didn't yet know,
That day was immediate decision for Ramapo.

School always comes first, that goes with out saying.
Instead of making my decision, I kept delaying.
I hadn't yet written my essay for that school,
And I didn't want to rush it and look like a fool.

Maybe it would be better to apply a different time,
But skipping this chance felt like such a crime.
Soon I got called down to the guidance office.
I knew they'd get mad if I decided to miss.

However, they had some good news to tell.
I could do both things, this turned out well!
I would go to immediate decision first.
And then on the trip, it could've been worse.

This would turn out to be a pretty good day,
But how nervous I was is hard to convey.
However, that feeling was soon intercepted
By a feeling of joy, I got accepted!

The rest of the day turned out to be fun.
Looking back, I wish that we'd won.
But overall, my day had been good.
The importance of decisions was now understood!






3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting accepted to Ramapo! I'm glad it worked out for you that you could to both things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the poem and was a bit jealous because I was not able to go to the challenge since I decided to stay for immediate decision. Anyways congrats on getting accepted and I'm glad you didn't miss out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy you got into Ramapo! I also thought going on the Challenge was fun.

    ReplyDelete